Money from our Read-A-Thon helps raise money for our school community to support things like:
- School supplies for all students at PLE
- Classroom resource funds for teachers and staff
- Community and social events to get kids excited about learning, such as the Science Fair, Multicultural Night, and the Harvest Dance
- Field trips to places like the Burke Museum, Tillicum Harbor and the Pacific Northwest Ballet
- Scholarships for students who can't afford after-school enrichment activities
- Grants for teachers to purchase handwriting curriculum, math and literacy manipulative, and art/classroom supplies
- Opportunities for the staff to work together as a team to collaborate around grading, lesson planning and special needs students
- And so much more!
Now more than ever, Phantom Lake Elementary phamilies need to come together as a school community!
HOW IT WORKS
Earn prize points by reading and raising donations!
- Donations can be made at https://www.phantomlakepta.org
- Every 30 minutes read = 5 points and every $10 donated = 100 points!
- Log into the readathon website at https://secret.cprdigital.com/index.html to track your reading progress, see your points earned or use the handy reading timer!
- Email friends and family your reading progress and donation link! Donors simply need to include student name, read-a-thon ID and teacher name to make sure each donation gets attributed to that student
- Prizes include fun experiences like principal for the day, gift cards, cool stickers, prize box, class parties and more!
- There will be an all-school donut celebration to conclude the read-a-thon!
Have fun and let's get READING!
HOW TO LOG READING MINUTES
Go to: https://secret.cprdigital.com/index.html or scan the QR on the back of the bookmark
Make sure to write down your password on the back of your bookmark for easy login
Enter school username and password
Select your teacher
Start a reading session
Manually log a reading session
HOW TO EARN PRIZES
$10 donated = 100 prize points!
30 minutes read = 5 prize points!
Complete the blackout bingo sheet to get a prize from the prize box!
Prize winners will be announced after the Read-A-Thon!
KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE REWARDS FOR TOP READERS AND MOST DONATIONS
- Top Fundraiser = Principal for part of the day (morning announcements, behind the scenes tour of the school and treats!)
- 2nd highest donation = officer helper for part of the day (morning announcements/pledge) and treats!
- Top fundraiser in each K - 5th grade class = Story time and treats with Mrs. Snookal
- K - 2nd grade and 3rd - 5th grade classes with the most donations = ice cream party
- Each class that raises over $800 in donations = extra recess and popcorn
- Each class that raises over $1,200 in donations = class party (pizza and show)
- Top Reader = Librarian for part of the day (check in library books, help with story time, book fair poster, book and treats!)
- 2nd highest reader = officer helper for part of the day (morning announcements/pledge) and treats!
- Top reader in each K - 5th grade class = lunch with their teacher and friend
- K - 2nd grade and 3rd - 5th grade classes with the most reading hours = ice cream party
- Each K - 2nd grade class that reads over 100 hours = extra recess and popcorn
- Each 3rd - 5th grade class that reads over 300 hours = extra recess and popcorn
KINDERGARTEN - 5TH GRADE INDIVIDUAL PRIZES
Complete the 15-hour reading challenge = pop out turtle backpack clip
250 prize points = 3 waterproof stickers
500 prize points = 3 items from the prize box
Completion of blackout bingo sheet by October 27th = 1 item fro the prize box
Complete the 15-hour reading challenge = 2.5 inch bendables
250 prize points = 6 finger puppets
500 prize points = 3-inch puffer animal
1,000 prize points = $10 gift card
Crumbl Cookie, Dicks Burgers, Barnes and Noble, Half Price Books, Target
Students will earn a raffle ticket for every 500 prize points (2,000 prize points = 4 raffle tickets)
Raffle prizes include:
PLE Branded t-shirt
PLE Branded t-shirt
$20 Lego Gift Card
$20 Regal Cinema Gift Card
$20 Barnes and Noble Gift Card
$20 Target Gift Card
$20 Target Gift Card
$20 Dave and Busters Gift Card
$20 Creatively Yours
$20 Amazon Gift Card
There will be a donut celebration for all students at the end of the read-a-thon on October 27th!