Family Connections Center (FCC)
Please contact Ms Judy if you need any assistance, clarifications or have questions at 425-456-5679 or email@example.com
- New & Improved Resource Application - This year, BSD is asking ALL families to complete the Resource Application (formerly known as the Welcome Form). Completing this form for each district student will help ensure the district can connect students to the programs they need. Please keep in mind these programs are not guaranteed and subject to change. https://familyconnections.bsd405.org
- Free & Reduced-Price Meals - School lunch is NOT free to ALL students this 2022-23 school year. Please complete the Free/Reduced Meals form for the new school year.
- The 2022-23 Free/Reduced Price Meals form is now open - https://www.bsd405.org/freeandreduced
- To receive help completing the form, please contact Ms Judy or come to the Bellevue Family Hub (hours listed below)
- Be sure to complete the Fee Waiver section in part 5 of the application. Completing this section gives your permission to be considered for family services available through district community partners.
- Back-to-School Clothing Assistance for Students - Bellevue LifeSpring is offering 1,300+ students with $100 electronic gift cards to Old Navy to shop for back-to-school clothing! Sign up by visiting https://www.bellevuelifespring.org/clothing
Students must qualify for the Free and Reduced Priced meals program and must not have received clothing support from Jubilee Reach
- New Resource Center for Families: The Bellevue Family Hub - Beginning August 22, families can connect with clothing, rent and school support resources at the new Bellevue Family Hub located at Highland Middle School (15027 NE Bel-Red Rd). BSD and Bellevue LifeSpring staff and volunteers will be on hand to help you access three main resources to start the school year:
- Drop in and receive guidance navigating the district's website and completing the Resource and Free/Reduced Price Meals applications
- Get back-to-school clothing support for your child/ren
- Make rent assistance appointments with Bellevue LifeSpring staff
- **Note - the Bellevue Family Hub does not take the place of the Family Connections Center at PLE; it is another resource families can use
- From 8/22-9/2 - Open M & W from 10am-6pm; and T, Th, F from 7am-3pm
- Starting 9/6 - Open Tuesdays from 7am-3pm; and Wednesdays from 10am-6pm.
- For questions email Judy Hunsberger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bellevue Family Hub (FamilyHub@bsd405.org)
The Family Connection Center is located in Room 101 by the Kindergarten hallway (straight from the front office).
Ms. Judy, Human Services Specialist, is there to assist families. Please call 425-456-5679 or email email@example.com to schedule a meeting or phone conference. The FCC is open at 6:45-7:30am (please call to get into the building), before school from 8:25 -10:25 and after school from 2:30-3:30. On Wednesdays, Ms. Judy's schedule varies as she also serves Sammamish High, Tillicum, International Middle and High, and Big Picture Middle and High. Please check her weekly schedule near the door of the FCC
What is the FCC?
The FCC provides resources and referrals for: food, clothing, health/dental resources, counseling, attendance concerns, baby items, school supplies, and other resources.
The FCC center & services is open to ALL students and their families. Confidentiality is key and information is not shared with others without permission by the family. The FCC's first goal is to provide Family Engagement events and programs requested by PLE families. Families at PLE are encouraged to call or email Judy Hunsberger to make an appointment.
The room is for our family and community to get resources for basic needs, use a computer and printer, borrow parenting and children's books, access district clothing and food programs, and other needs. "BSD Family Connections Centers are part of our welcoming school community focused on affirming and supporting all families and students. Located in elementary and secondary schools and staffed by Family Engagement Specialists, their mission is to contribute to student achievement by connecting families with district and community support services, providing them with educational opportunities to better navigate the school system and helping them become engaged in the education of their children." (BSD)
Examples of programs available through the Phantom Lake FCC (CONFIDENTIAL & info is not shared with others!)
- Good Start Back to School - Backpack/school supplies program. Sign-up in April. Kindergarten parents, please call or email Ms Hunsberger if you need a backpack or supplies.
- Operation School Bell - Fred Meyer clothing program. Sign-up in September ASAP - space is limited (please look in your child's school packet for blue application form).
- Breaktime Mealtime - food program/voucher for school breaks (winter, mid-winter, spring & summer breaks)
- Thanksgiving Basket - Sign-up in late October/early November (see your child's purple PLE folder)
- Clothes for Kids - Clothing program and holiday assistance through Bellevue Lifespring. Sign-up in June
- Assistance with filling out Free & Reduced Lunch forms (please make an appointment)
- Summer School
- Help communicating with teachers or help navigating the school system
- Family Engagement Events/Programs through ATP and Family surveys
- Family meetings with teachers and other staff