Family Connections Center (FCC)
The Family Connection Center is located in Room 101 by the Kindergarten hallway (straight from the front office).
Ms. Judy, Human Services Specialist, is there to assist families. Please call 425-456-5679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting or phone conference. The FCC is open at 6:45-7:30am (please call to get into the building), before school from 8:25 -10:25 and after school from 2:30-3:30. On Wednesdays, Ms. Judy's schedule varies as she also serves Sammamish High, Tillicum, International Middle and High, and Big Picture Middle and High. Please check her weekly schedule near the door of the FCC
What is the FCC?
The FCC provides resources and referrals for: food, clothing, health/dental resources, counseling, attendance concerns, baby items, school supplies, and other resources.
The FCC center & services is open to ALL students and their families. Confidentiality is key and information is not shared with others without permission by the family. The FCC's first goal is to provide Family Engagement events and programs requested by PLE families. Families at PLE are encouraged to call or email Judy Hunsberger to make an appointment.
The room is for our family and community to get resources for basic needs, use a computer and printer, borrow parenting and children's books, access district clothing and food programs, and other needs. "BSD Family Connections Centers are part of our welcoming school community focused on affirming and supporting all families and students. Located in elementary and secondary schools and staffed by Family Engagement Specialists, their mission is to contribute to student achievement by connecting families with district and community support services, providing them with educational opportunities to better navigate the school system and helping them become engaged in the education of their children." (BSD)
Examples of programs available through the Phantom Lake FCC (CONFIDENTIAL & info is not shared with others!)
- Good Start Back to School - Backpack/school supplies program. Sign-up in April. Kindergarten parents, please call or email Ms Hunsberger if you need a backpack or supplies.
- Operation School Bell - Fred Meyer clothing program. Sign-up in September ASAP - space is limited (please look in your child's school packet for blue application form).
- Breaktime Mealtime - food program/voucher for school breaks (winter, mid-winter, spring & summer breaks)
- Thanksgiving Basket - Sign-up in late October/early November (see your child's purple PLE folder)
- Clothes for Kids - Clothing program and holiday assistance through Bellevue Lifespring. Sign-up in June
- Assistance with filling out Free & Reduced Lunch forms (please make an appointment)
- Summer School
- Help communicating with teachers or help navigating the school system
- Family Engagement Events/Programs through ATP and Family surveys
- Family meetings with teachers and other staff