Open PTA Positions
Phantom Lake Elementary is a wonderful school because parents and staff work together for the good of the students. This could not be accomplished without parental support and the volunteer contributions of parents just like you! Job descriptions for open PTA board and committee roles are listed below. If you are at all interested in volunteering for a position or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
President - Lead general and board meetings. Public face of the PTA. Oversee all PTA financials, programs and fundraisers. Meet with school administration once per month.
Vice-President of Fundraising - Oversee all fundraising activities for the school year and ensure fund raising goals are met. Continue researching new options for fundraising.
Vice-President of Programs - Oversees all the business of the PTA - Box Tops, BSF Liasison, Eagle Eye Patrol, Emergency Prep, Grants, Community Building, Preschool Liaison, Volunteer Coordinator, Yearbook, Book Fair, Reflections, School Supplies, Lost & Found, Nook Decoration, Healthy Snacks, Picture Day, Walk to School Day, Before & After School Programs. Work with the Chairs to make sure activities are organized and progressing. Should be able to attend all board and general PTA meetings and give updates on what is being organized. Time Commitment: Minimum 3 hours/month, 100% home.
Communications Chair: Maintain PTA website and calendar with up-to-date school and PTA news and events. Post school and PTA updates about events and information as needed to PTA Facebook page. Send out weekly e-newsletter (and other e-blasts on an as-needed basis) with school, PTA and community event information. Should be able to attend all board and general PTA meetings. Help communicate and promote all PTA events and news updates. Approve PTA flyers. Help create and distribute PTA flyers. Time Commitment: Minimum 2-3 hours/month, 100% home.
Family Activities Chair: Oversees all Family Activities Events. Work with the Chairs to make sure activities are organized and progressing. Should be able to attend all board and general PTA meetings and give updates on what is being organized. Time Commitment: 2-3 hours/occasion, 50% school and 50% home.
Open Committee Positions
- Volunteer Coordinator: Coordinate and organize parent and community volunteers for PTA events. Use Signup Genius to send out sign-up lists and maintain a volunteer contact list. Work with event organizers to understand volunteer needs. Recruit volunteers throughout the year via a sign up table at school events. Time Commitment: Minimum 4 hours/year, 100% home.
- Community Building Chair: Plan ways to reach out and get families more involved at PLE, including grade level potlucks, coffee & donuts, and other inclusive events. Time Commitment: Minimum 2 hours/year, 50% school and 50% home.
- Preschool Liaison: Communicate with the PLE preschool on a monthly basis to see if they need anything from the PTA and/or want to attend any of our events. Time Commitment: 2 hours/year, can be done from home via email or in person.
- Multi-Cultural Night Committee: A fun family evening where families get to share their culture with other members of the Phantom Lake community. Help would be needed planning the evening, coordinating food and display sign-ups, as well as with setup, clean-up and running the event. Time Commitment: Minimum 3 hours/year, 50% school and 50% home.
- Family Game Night Committee: Help plan activities/games and refreshments for game nights that happen 2-3x/year. Promote the event via flyers and run the popcorn machine. Time Commitment: Minimum 3 hours/year, 50% school and 50% home.
- Science Fair Committee: A great opportunity to bring science fun to school. Help is needed planning the evening, scheduling outside vendors, ordering awards, as well as with setup, clean-up and running the event. Time Commitment: Minimum 3 hours/year, 50% school and 50% home.
- Talent Show Committee: A fun evening of showcasing the talents of the students at Phantom Lake. This event needs a lot of prep time and dedicated individuals who will plan and promote the evening as well as all the rehearsals needed. Time Commitment: Minimum 3 hours/year, 50% school and 50% home.
- Spring Fundraiser Planning Committee: Assist the VP of Fundraising with planning the spring fundraiser, soliciting sponsorships from local businesses, advertising the event to students & families, and running the event. Time Commitment: Minimum 3 hours/year, 50% school and 50% home.
Periodic On-Site Volunteering
- Language Ambassadors: The PTA needs help reaching out to our ELL parent population. If you know another language please consider helping out. Time Commitment: As needed.