Here is your guide to a great year at Phantom Lake Elementary:
The Phantom Lake Elementary PTA aspires to create programming and events for the families, students and community of our school where ALL feel welcomed and included, fostering a sense of belonging. We believe that in order to create a connected community, communication is essential! That is why we have created a few ways for you to stay knowledgeable about the events, activities and opportunities available:
- Konstella is a private social platform for parents/caregivers of currently enrolled Preschool through 5th grade students. The benefit of joining Konstella is the ability to connect with other caregivers/parents from your student's class, to view important information and updates in real time, ask questions in the community discussion group and sign-up for events/opportunities all in a very secure platform. It is available for use via a web browser or downloadable app. You can learn more about Konstella and join here:
- Our Eagle Newsletter is our once weekly emailing that we send out to our Phantom Lake Elementary community members, including current families, alumni and community partners. The newsletter includes events, updates and news from around the district. If you would like to sign up for the newsletter, please click here!
- Keep your contact information current with data verification through ParentVue! This annual data verification activity ensures that your contact information will be accurate for school communications with your child's teacher as well as the weekly Principal's newsletter that is sent out.
One of the fastest and easiest ways to get connected and get to know others in the Phantom Lake Community is to participate in our PTA meetings, events or volunteer to be involved in one of our PTA committees. Learn more about those opportunities and how you can join here:
- Join the PTA! When you join the PTA you become a member of a group of caring and motivated Parents/Caregivers, Teachers and community members who work hard every year to bring supplemental programs, events and funding to our school community. It is a great way to help bring new ideas into the community, get an idea of how the school district works and advocate for the needs of each and every student and family in our school. We host several meetings a year and as a member you have the opportunity to vote on the programs and activities that matter to you. To learn more and join the PTA click here!
- Attend our community events! Our first big event of the year is our Ice Cream Social, this is an opportunity to celebrate the beginning of the school year while the weather is generally still nice, and learn about the programs and opportunities available to you and your student this year. It is a great time to meet other families, say hello and welcome back to friends and meet the PTA Leadership for the year. This year our Ice Cream Social is Thursday, Sept. 14th from 5:30pm-7pm in the Gym! We hope you can join us! Check out our community calendar here on the web or on Konstella for more upcoming events!
- Participate in a committee or volunteer to help out with community needs this year! As you may or may not know our PTA is 100% volunteer run and operated and each year we face the momentous task of seeking community support and involvement in helping to serve on committees, chairing events, and running successful programs! Fill out this quick survey if you are interested in helping out, or reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator: Wendy Rasmussen or our Family & Community Engagement Chair: Courtney Baxtron.