Below are online resources for a variety of areas including books, education, activities, social development, author resources, art and more. The logos at the bottom of the page are linked to their respective websites. As more and more schools are closing, sites are getting weighed down with increased traffic and may seem sluggish and take a long time to load.
If you have any sites or resources to add to this list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Storyline Online - SAG-AFTRA Foundations award-winning childrens literacy website that streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading childrens books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more.
- Khan Academy - Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. https://www.khanacademy.org/about
- KCLS - A wide variety of online resources for kids of all ages (use your KCLS library card # to get library access to websites - you'll need to go through the KCLS website) - https://kcls.org/kids-subject/a-z-resources/
- Giant list of ideas for being home with kids - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6kEgCKLn3cyIm2hehhhSTIk7yRTd0C3zx49JS4wwCI/preview?fbclid=IwAR17foiq65vkTx2WRJzLGVVaQ4RQh4x-Surt6gMLfZUO4oybmokXtIPcp8A#
- Check websites of your students' favorite authors! Many times authors will have activities and printables to accompany favorite books & series. (ex: Zoey & Sassafras; Humphrey; Flat Stanley; Andrea Beaty books (Rosie Revere Engineer; Ada Twist; Iggy Peck)
- Camp Kindness Counts - Kind World Explorer guide books & passports will be available online for free for any family (offers SEL and character strength learning activities for families)
- Art Webcast - Jarrett is hosting a drawing webcast every day for the next 2 weeks starting Monday. It will be live at 2pm ET. If you can't watch live, each art lesson will be archived. Get your kids creating, drawing, using their imagination. His YouTube Channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/studiojjk His TED talks are here: https://www.ted.com/speakers/jarrett_j_krosoczka
- KiwiCrate - A resource hub for parents to help support learning at home, with loads of stay-at-home educational activities for every age, tips from teachers on effective remote learning, and kid-friendly content that connects science with their daily lives
- Scholastic Learn At Home - Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing
- LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems - Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mos studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks. New episodes will be posted each weekday at 1:00 p.m. ET and then remain online to be streamed afterwards. https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/mo-willems/
- Smart With Art - Online mini-lessons and creative ideas through their Facebook page. Their lessons will air on Monday's via YouTube. Check their website or Facebook for links.
- Kidz Klasses - A list of K-12 online learning resources
- BrainPop! - A trusted learning resource supporting core and supplemental subjects, reaching millions of learners worldwide
- GoNoodle - engaging kids with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. Available for free at school, home, and everywhere kids are!
- Calm.com - Mental fitness, relaxation and sleep.
- Virtual Field Trips - Pacific Science Center Curiosity at Home; Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens; Tour Art Museums; Google Arts & Culture takes you on tours of 5 National Parks; NASA Story Time from Space
- Swift Playgrounds - Coding for Mac/iPhone/iPad
- Aquarium of the Pacific; Seattle Aquarium; Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium are all hosting free online summer camp programs this year