Pick-Up & Drop-Off Procedures for Preschool & K-5th Grades
Please follow the Phantom Lake Elementary parking lot guidelines when dropping off or picking up your child before or after school. We have a very small parking lot and are asking for your help & cooperation to ensure that students, families and staff can enter and exit the school grounds safely.
BSD's Transportation department observed drop-off at PLE during the 2019-20 school year. One of the biggest suggestions they had for easing congestion around school is for parents & students to use the sidewalk leading in front of the gym rather than crossing the driveways. Making this small change should:
- Ease build-up of traffic congestion on 160th Ave SE - the less time cars have to wait for pedestrians crossing the street, the quicker they can get into the parking lot to drop-off
- Keep students & families safer by keeping them out of the way of cars in the parking lot & crossing driveways
- Ease congestion in the parking lot itself
Thank you for you cooperation in helping to maintain a safe environment and experience for our families and students during our pick up and drop off times at PLE.
- Use the north parking lot located by the school gym/cafeteria. The south parking lot (closest to Tillicum Middle School) is closed before and after school. It will not be available for student drop-off/pick-up.
- Pull forward to the drop-off/pick-up area, marked by a yellow line next to the chain linked fence. Pull as far forward as possible when you are in the drop-off/pick-up lane. You may have to wait in a line before reaching the marked pick-up/drop-off area. There is no parking in this area - only pick-up/drop-off.
- When you pull up to the designated area, please wait in your car for a staff member to retrieve or deliver your child, then pull ahead to exit. Please keep the line moving! If you need to talk with another parent or teacher, park your vehicle in a parking space or on a side street in the neighborhood.
- DO NOT leave your vehicle unattended in the drop-off lanes at any time. If you must park your vehicle, PARK ONLY IN DESIGNATED PARKING SPACES. DO NOT BLOCK BUS OR FIRE LANES. If the parking lot is full, please park on the street next to the school (please DO NOT block neighbor driveways) or on another side street.
- Remember that at high-traffic times of day, right turns in and out of the school parking lot will help traffic flow more smoothly.
- Have patience! Plan for a few extra minutes in your morning or afternoon routine for drop-off and pick-up.